Hey, did you guys know that exercising releases endorphins?
And adrenaline? And serotonin? And dopamine?
All of those things make you feel really good when you exercise.
Yesterday, I had a killer Zumba class. It was epic and I wasn’t even dressed as a superhero (that has happened and I have no doubts it will happen again). It was a huge class. There were tons of smiling faces. One of my BFFs was there. The energy was amazing. And I had a crazy ton of energy.
Add into the mix:
– It had been a ridiculously long and mind-numbing day at work. One of those days where everyone in the office feels it. At 2pm, my office mate turned to me and said, “Doesn’t it feel like it should be 5pm?” YES IT DID. So when you’re freed from that, you’re just like, WEEEEE!
– I made plans to visit my friend Annette in Calgary and I LOVE HER.
– I reconnected with someone I missed and it made me happy.
– I had been doing a LOT of texting with two of my BFFs. (A lot of texting gets my brain firing like crazy and sometimes makes me feel weird and hyper and overwhelmed. It’s why I try to take Internet breaks, but I haven’t done that lately.)
– I was feeling kind of frisky. (MOM DON’T READ THAT.)
So I taught this awesome Zumba class and I was on a fantastic natural high. Feeling peppy as fuck, really.
And then an hour later, I was still feeling peppy as fuck.
And then two hours later, I assessed the situation and realized I was vibrating. I felt like I could have gone for a 5K run and also like I should just keep CAPS LOCK permanently engaged for the rest of the night.
It’s at this point in my natural high that I should have stopped and thought, “NO INTERNET, ANDREA.”
But instead I WENT ON THE INTERNET.
TEXT I SENT MY BFF JOLENE: “I’m fucking high as a kite right now! On Adrenaline! That Zumba class was killer.”
HER RESPONSE: “It was 3 hrs ago.”
TEXT I SENT MY BFF JOLENE: “JOLENE JOLENE JOLENE JOLENE.”
And then I ate a very sugary brownie…that was also very expired.
TEXT I SENT MY BFF JOLENE: “WHY AM I A FUCKING WEIRDO?!”
TEXT I SENT MY BFF JOLENE: “AHHHHHHHHHH. AHHHHHHHH. Am I awful to be around?”
HER RESPONSE: “Yes, terrible. That’s why everyone loves you so much.”
And also, it was like, torrential downpouring outside. And my brain is a very surreal place, so…
Which was a total lie because I was up for like, another two hours being an adrenaline-crazed weirdo.
Lesson learned: I should maybe not be allowed to be around people. Just in general.
Also, I have really understanding friends.
Also, you can tag yourself in a Facebook status.
But they won’t notify you that you did it.
Okay, everyone please continue to talk to me after this. Even if just out of pity.
P.S. Maybe more yoga really is a good idea…